Artist: Bruce Springsteen
Title: High Hopes
Genre: Classic Rock/Folk Rock
Quality: WEBRIP 320Kbps CBR MP3
Size: 135 MB
Str Date: 2014-01-14
High Hopes is an eclectic album that combines covers, re-recordings of old songs and studio outtakes from the past decade, released on January 14th 2014. “This is music I always felt needed to be released,” Springsteen said in a statement.
The album was originally going to focus entirely on unreleased material from the past decade. Plans changed during rehearsals for Springsteen and the E Street Band’s Australian tour this past March, which featured Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello subbing in for Steve Van Zandt. Morello suggested they perform “High Hopes,” a Tim Scott McConnell song that Springsteen originally recorded with the E Street Band in 1995.
“We worked it up in our Aussie rehearsals and Tom then proceeded to burn the house down with it,” Springsteen said in a statement. “We re-cut it mid tour at Studios 301 in Sydney along with ‘Just Like Fire Would,’ a song from one of my favorite early Australian punk bands, the Saints (check out ‘I’m Stranded’). Tom and his guitar became my muse, pushing the rest of this project to another level.”
High Hopes also has a cover of Dream Baby Dream, originally recorded in 1979 by the New York punk band Suicide. Springsteen regularly played the song on his 2005 solo acoustic tour and he revived it earlier this month at a benefit at the Theater at Madison Square Garden.
01. High Hopes (Tim Scott McConnell) – featuring Tom Morello
02. Harry’s Place * – featuring Tom Morello
03. American Skin (41 Shots) – featuring Tom Morello
04. Just Like Fire Would (Chris J. Bailey) – featuring Tom Morello
05. Down In The Hole *
06. Heaven’s Wall ** – featuring Tom Morello
07. Frankie Fell In Love
08. This Is Your Sword
09. Hunter Of Invisible Game * – featuring Tom Morello
10. The Ghost of Tom Joad – duet with Tom Morello
11. The Wall
12. Dream Baby Dream (Martin Rev and Alan Vega) – featuring Tom Morello